Making a Court claim to Recover DEBT

In NSW, a person can take somebody to court to recover money or goods by making an application called a ‘statement of claim’. This can be an effective way of recovering money or goods. However, before that you should undertake initial Debt collection or recovery. If you tried debt collection and recovery, including sending a letter of demand, LME can make a court claim on your behalf for extremely competitive fees below.

All you need to do is provide

  • Your details
  • The claim details
  • Payment details

Tax deduction for legal expenses of recovering income

If you are recovering a debt that would form part of your assessable income, such as business income, you can claim a tax deduction for the legal expenses associated to the recovery. Please see our Taxation page.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nullam eu nisl tin cidunt, dignissim arcu ut, tincidunt nisl consecte elit.

Have a Legal Question?

If you have any questions call us on 1300 915 950 or ask us below.

First Name*